CALL FOR THE XXXVII CYCLE - Results of the evaluation of the candidates’ qualifications
- The ranking of the interview can be found at the following link
- The ranking of the evaluation of qualifications can be found at the following link
- The calendar of the interviews can be found at the following link
Instructions and tutorials for using ZOOM are available here:
- The evaluations of the all candidates can be found at the following link
Please remember that the password to access the files is the one that you received from the PICA system when you submitted your electronic application.
THE CALL FOR THE XXXVII CYCLE HAS CLOSED ON MAY 12th, 2021 (13.00 CEST)
CALL FOR ADMISSION
XXXVII° CYCLE (October 1st, 2021 - September 30th, 2024)
Please take a look at the Flyer presenting our PhD in Psychological Sciences.
11 positions with scholarship (all with free topics). Both Italian and foreign students can apply.
Here we provide the most important information regarding the admission procedure.
The admission to the PhD Program is based on the careful assessment of students' research attitudes. An admissions committee reviews all applications and evaluates each candidate on the basis of his/her CV, two reference letters, the research project proposed, the motivation letter.
At present, 50 students are enrolled, with an average of 10/15 new students entering the program each year. Financial support is provided for the three years either through University funding (15-18 grants each year) or through external, private or public funding, generally granted for a specific research project (the number of such Specific PhD Research themes varies every year).
The Call for Admission and the PhD Course Table have been published on April 8th 2021. Applicants expected to graduate by September 30th 2021 can apply. Successful applicants who do not fit this criterion will not be in the position to enroll in the PhD program.
Applications submitted by email will not be considered.
It is crucial that applicants read carefully the instructions specified at the following link
The Application form must be completed by May 12th 2021 at 1.00 pm CEST. Later application will not be considered.
Documents to be attached to the application form:
1) Copy of an Identification Document
2) Curriculum Vitae in English. Please use the standard format that can be found following this link. Fill out all the requested fields with detailed information. Only CVs presented in the standard format (see above) will be evaluated.
3) Research project. Please, use the following format:
State of the art
(max 500 words)
(max 500 words)
Project description (activities, methodologies, expected results)
(max 700 words)
Working program (including time scheduling)
(max 500 words)
4. Statement of purpose (500 words, max.)
In the Application form candidates are requested to indicate 2 Referees who will be asked to provide a reference letter through the online procedure.
After closing the application the candidate can request reference letters before the same closing date for applications, i.e. 12 May 2021 at 13:00 CEST. A notification for completion of the letter will be sent to the referee only after the application has been fully submitted.
The referee will be automatically notified by the system and will have to personally complete the reference letter section in the online procedure and submit it by the deadline of 14 May 2021 at 13:00 CEST.
Reference letters attached by the candidate will not be taken into consideration.
The application is automatically sent to the University when the online procedure has finally been completed. Therefore, no paperwork needs to be delivered or sent to the University’s offices.
There will be a pre-selection procedure based on the evaluation of:
- Curriculum vitae, including education, research and work experience, English language competence (max 30 points).
- Publications (max 5 points).
- Research project, motivation statement and reference letters (max 25 points).
The pre-selected candidates will be admitted to the interview. The ranking of those candidates admitted to the interview, together with the time and place for the interview, will be available on this website on June 8th 2021.
The interview is based on a discussion of the research project proposed by the candidate and it will be in English (max 40 points).
Interviews will start on June 14th 2021 at 9.30 am (eventually they will continue for the following days). All candidates will take the oral examination remotely, using the videoconferencing equipment Zoom. Candidates must guarantee that they will use a webcam in order for them to be correctly identified by the Selection Committee and that they will connect on the day of the oral examination.
The final ranking will be made public from July 2nd 2021 through publication on the University's official register and publication on the University of Padova website: https://www.unipd.it/en/phd-programmes-calls-and-admissions
General information on the admission procedure
The application should contain information about:
1. University degrees;
2. Documented research stages and working stages related to research and/or psychological sciences;
3. English competence (a B2 level is highly recommended)
4. Two reference letters (submitted online by the referee within May 14th 2021 - 13:00)
5. A research project (this must be compatible with the research lines of the faculty members; the research lines proposed by the Faculty members can be viewed following the link "Professors" on the left and opening the personal page of each member)
6. Motivation letter
PhD Course Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org